Sunday, August 21, 2016

The Difference Between Religion and a Relationship With God

God honestly works in mysterious ways.  Saturday evening I made steps towards starting my own blog.  I spent nearly two hours setting it up as best as I could before I was so tired I had to go to bed. When I got up this morning I told Scott what I was doing. Entirely excited about the prospect of writing again and maybe even entertaining the masses.

As I am wide awake at nearly midnight on Sunday, I decided to continue to work on my blog set up and maybe even possibly start blogging. I logged in and the first thing I saw was my husband's short sermon already posted to *MY* blog. To say I was annoyed and incensed at the very notion that he could invade my space is an understatement. Why? Why did he do it, ugh. I decided to listen to the sermon. I am ashamed to say, my intention was to listen so I could pick him apart in the morning.  You know, just what everyone wants to do in the morning when they wake up to go to work, fight with their spouse. I was going to ruin his day because he dared to invade my territory.

SO... I listened. You may want to also. It's down there... at the end of this blog. I've kept it where it needs to be. Why you ask? Because my husband is the head of this household. He is my spiritual leader. He has a heart for Jesus. I look up to him and look to him in all things within this household. I left it here because he has something important to say. Someone out there needs these words. Yes, he made a decision without my permission, but as soon as I was done listening to the sermon, I took a deep breath. The anger having passed within a minute of listening to him. This may be *MY* blog, but he is MY husband. I am HIS wife. What is his - is mine. And what is mine - is his.

You see, I don't have religion. I have a relationship with God. I don't want to be a Pharisee and be pious. I want to be Christ-like. I want to be quick to forgive and swift to love. I want my hot temper to be tempered and peppered with salt and light. You cannot control how someone treats you, but you can control your reaction. Every relationship in your life should be a reflection of your relationship with God.  As you can see, my relationship needs some "righting".  Take a listen to this mini-sermon and right your relationship today.




No comments: